Maker Pro
Maker Pro

SONY Overhead DVD player xvm-r90d

tron77

Mar 24, 2013
After some advise please. I have a Sony Overhead in car roof mounted DVD player xvm-r90d which has power in standby (accessories) mode however it will not power up when i press the power button. I have checked that the secondary power source is working (fuse, tested wire, etc) so i believe it is a problem within the unit. Any ideas what might be wrong?

bullfrog

Mar 26, 2013

bullfrog

Mar 26, 2013
Strangely my previous reply to this thread has disappeared. There is a reset button that needs to be pressed if power is disconnected. See if that resolves your problem.

Bullfrog

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Bullfrog, you don't have a lot of posts under your belt and I think the forum software decided to place your post on the moderation queue due to you posting a couple of links.

I've approved it.

edit: your link to the user manual is broken for me.

bullfrog

Mar 26, 2013
Hi Steve

Thanks for the update, greetings from Belfast by the way, excellent website.

It appears that the retrovo site doesn't like direct linking.

If you open google instead and type the following as the search term -
Retrovo User Guide for Sony XVM-R90D

Hopefully the first link that appears will take you to a page you can download the user manual from.

Bullfrog/Jeremy

tron77

Mar 24, 2013
Thank you bullfrog for your response. Unfortunately by pressing the reset button didn't fix the problem. I have disassembled the unit in case there was an obvious mechanical issue but didn't find anything. If anyone can think of any other ideas they'd be most appreciated, otherwise I will be taking it into an electronics repairer. Thank you again for your help. Regards
Tron77