Connect with us

Sony Bravia KDL-46XBR4 Problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by bigtony5858, Jan 7, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. bigtony5858

bigtony5858

Jan 7, 2014
    Ok wonderful. Would a place like Fry's electronics have a smd fuse like this one requires? I did buy a new board but it was the main board, which did not fix the issue obviously, but was not a total loss since the main board had some light water damage.

Do you know if the UB1 board is responsible for the power to the t-con and could be the problem? Or is my best bet to just find a new t-con :)

Thank you steve :)

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    For a temporary replacement, just buy the physically smallest fuse you can, attach wires to it and solder the wires in place. Make sure you don't allow it to short out on anything.

Did the problem change at all when you replaced the main board?

I'm sorry, I don't know very much about the functions of these boards.

You could try to find a new t-con board, but you may find that's not the fault and eventually end up purchasing a new TV from spare parts. :(

3. GTPATSi

GTPATSi

Jun 22, 2017
    Hi many Customer has a BRAVIA KDL-46XBR4, mine i bought in december 2007 and is work fine for 8 years with no problems. i don't want to put that beautiful TV in the garbage, Sometime is work for couple of days and stop but now i can't put back to life. I read a lot of post and video on youtube, but nothing solve the issue for now.
    I make many power reset, when power on the green light appear screen stay black, 40 sec later we hear a click noise and start 5 red blinking led. When the screen is light up all working good.
    I clean all contact connector from T-con board to the upper bezel frame, i add some flex thing to keep good contact on the bond tab same if not have any issue with ghosting or flickering image. No trace of corrosion on component.
    On the FB1 board he have a small orange led flashing when power up, do you know the reason of that?

Thanks for your help and comments in advance.

4. GTPATSi

GTPATSi

Jun 22, 2017
    2 images about the small orange led flashing IMG_8123.JPG IMG_8124.JPG

5. mikeshoop

mikeshoop

Nov 25, 2018
    Hi everybody! I just saw your dialogue, don't know the date of it, but I'm having the same problem and same Sony as bigtony5858. I love my Sony and I'm hoping you were successful and that you can share the solution. It's the exact same problem right down to the 5 beeps, rarely actually comes on anymore. I was suspecting power supply, did it turn out to be the AU board or the T-con?? thanks from Pegram, TN - GO TITANS!!

6. mikeshoop

mikeshoop

Nov 25, 2018
    btw - that was 5 blinks not beeps!

7. mrgrtt123

mrgrtt123

Jan 6, 2020
    Hi, I guess it will be better if you create a new thread as this issue has been resolved a couple of years ago.

Ask a Question