Connect with us

Sonic toothbrush hacking moding

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Zak_Mak, Nov 13, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Zak_Mak

Zak_Mak

Nov 13, 2013
    I need help with Sonic toothbrush hacking

I am wondering if any of the experts here could answer any of these questions with the limited information that I can provide

Information that I have:

The Philips toothbrush has a two minutes turn off timer!

a 30 second quad spacer (brief pause of vibration) every 30 seconds

The pcb has a TI MSP430G2412 microcontroller ( http://www.ti.com/product/msp430g2412 ) with the additional markings of “ 21K G4 “ and “ AS&F A ” on it.

It drives an electromagnet that consists of two coils, at approximately 1 MHz

Most of this and some more is visible on the pictures of the pcb and the assembly that I included.

My QUESTIONS are:

1, What is the easiest way to disable or change the 2 min power off timer??

(I very much would prefer not to reprogram or to replace the microcontroller, but if there is no other way than )

2, Is it possible to reprogram this specific controller and if yes is it possible to do so without desoldering it?

I know it is a long shot, but I hope that one of you creative people can help me with a solution.
    Thank you very much for your time spent thinking about this!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2013
  2. KJ6EAD

KJ6EAD

Aug 13, 2011
    That 1MHz figure 'sounds' (pun) way too high. Even professional ultrasonic dental devices operate around 32kHz.

As to the microcontroller; you'll probably have to program your own and solder it in.

3. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    ^^ what he said and the timing will be done by the code in the uController

and welcome to the forums :)

Dave

Ask a Question