Connect with us

something about transistos

Discussion in 'Electronic Basics' started by debeers, May 19, 2007.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. debeers

    debeers Guest

    hello everybody
    when i was looking for something about transistor i saw this group and
    i have just joined the group.
    i live in turkey and work for company which detects the faulties on
    electronics boards and fix them.
    on a board we determined a fauly transistor on which it writes only
    'RE'. i couldnt find it yet. does anyone know what kind of transistor
    it is or another transistor that is equivalent of this transistor?
    if someone helps me i will be really pleased.
  2. Eeyore

    Eeyore Guest

    I'm afraid that just "RE" won't be enough. Is there nothing else at all ?

  3. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Graham is right -- you don't have enough information to do anything,
    I'm afraid. You haven't even mentioned the circuit board you're
    trying to fix. Just throwing in a random replacement could result in
    damaging other components.

    Try talking to other people at your company, or contact the
    manufacturer of the board (if they'll talk with you).

    If you know someone who is knowledgeable about electronics, they can
    take a look at the circuit and possibly hazard an educated guess
    fairly quickly, particularly if the transistor is doing something
    simple and/or obvious like turning on a relay.

    Worse comes to worst, you can try having somebody reverse engineer
    enough of the board to try and find the transistor's function, and
    they can suggest a replacement.

    Best of luck!
  4. Randy Day

    Randy Day Guest

    As was said by others, 're' does not say
    much about the transistor. Can you tell
    from the circuit whether it's NPN, PNP
    FET or something else?

    What you can do, is try to determine what
    its function is in the circuit. Is it in
    a high-frequency radio section? Is it
    used in an audio pre-amp stage? Is it
    used in a high-power amplifier output?

    Does it switch on a relay, or send a
    signal to a logic gate?

    What is the source voltage for this
    section of the circuit? This will tell
    you what type of Vce your replacement
    device will need.

    If it's not high-frequency or high-power,
    you might get away with using a general-
    purpose small-signal transistor from your
    junk box.
  5. Phil Allison

    Phil Allison Guest

    ** Groper alert !

    ** So it's a tiny SMD transistor right ??

    You need to ask the maker of the PCB what it is, since " RE" is not a part
    number by only a reference code used by the maker of the transistor.


    "..... detects the faultiest"

    - love it !!

    ......... Phil
  6. default

    default Guest

    You didn't "join" a group - you posted via Google to Usenet. Usenet
    is not Google; Google is not Usenet.

    You really need more information to start replacing parts on circuit
    boards - a schematic diagram would be a good start. Failing that,
    measuring the part on a good board or a part with the same marking may
    work - if you have the knowledge to check the part to find out what it

    Could be anything bipolar, JFET, MOSFET, or dual diode, or integrated
    circuit. Know what it does, and you could make an informed guess as
    to what would replace it.
  7. Ross Herbert

    Ross Herbert Guest

    If it is a surface mount device (as Phil suggested) then it may be a
    2SC3357 which has a marking of RE.
  8. debeers

    debeers Guest

    thank you all for trying to help me. as randy day asked whether it
    switched on a relay... yes i think the component is about relay. also
    there is a diode which is three-pin component near the component i
    have beeen talking about. this diode also was broken and A9 was marked
    on it but we could find out what kind of it is and then we replaced it
    with the new one. the transistor is marked only with 'RE'. some says
    this may not be a transistor but on the board the reference for this
    component is tr6. tr propably stands for transistor, i think.
    ross herbert asked if it was surface mount device like phil did. yes
    it is. thank you for advice, i will now focus on what you say it may
    be a 2SC3357
    thank you all again
  9. Phil Allison

    Phil Allison Guest


    ( snip asinine drivel )

    ** Hey IDIOT.

    Why don't you do the planet a favour & just drop dead - eh ?

    ........ Phil
  10. Eeyore

    Eeyore Guest

    It might be Renesas (formerly Hitachi).

  11. Guest

    Is there any need for this sort of thing?
    If you have nothing to say but abuse, why post?
    If you can't restrain yourself, perhaps you should
    get your medication adjusted? jack
  12. Phil Allison

    Phil Allison Guest

    "Some anonymous FUCKWIT puked"

    ** Yep - it's called taking out the rubbish.

    ** Taking out the rubbish is very important - imbecile.

    ** Go drop dead -

    you moronic, fucking " net cop " asshole.

    ......... Phil

  13. Just kill file Phyllis. Its her time of the month, as usual.

    Service to my country? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD214 to
    prove it.
    Member of DAV #85.

    Michael A. Terrell
    Central Florida
  14. Guest

    How is it taking out the rubbish?
    The guy asked a question.
    It was well answered (not by you BTW)
    (And I noted your ridicule of this
    non-native English speaker's English.)
    He then thanked everyone for helping him,
    and you had to then come in
    with this abusive, empty post.
    Have you not the wit to see how useless you can be?
  15. Phil Allison

    Phil Allison Guest

    "Some anonymous FUCKWIT puked"

    ** The OP is a nut case troll - you stupid ASS !!

    He is the rubbish !!!!

    ** Not one about electronics basics.

    Nor one that made any sense.

    Nor one he was prepared to take good advice on.

    ** It was EXTREMELY well and CORRECTLY answered

    by me - you fucking, fuckwit ASSHOLE !!!!!!!!!!!!

    ** The OP is a fucking mental retard.

    Either he is a damn liar OR he works in a sheltered workshop for retards.

    The retards are checking junk PCBs to keep them out of trouble.

    That were YOU are posting from too

    - **** HEAD ??

    .......... Phil
  16. redbelly

    redbelly Guest

    Welcome to sci.electronics.basics.

    As a poster in this group, you are allowed (if you're lucky) ONE, and
    only one, useful response from Phil.

    I see that you have already received one useful response from him.
    Congratulations on being among the lucky few! However be warned that
    further attempts at useful discussions with Phil are futile, as you
    are now finding out.

    Best to move on, ignore him, and ask for advice from other people in

    Again, welcome.
  17. debeers

    debeers Guest

    thank you

    by the way i have made lots of search on net and i think i got what i
    the code RE i have been talking about is a smd code of a compenents. i
    was thinking it was the part number of the compenent so i focused on
    that while searching but this is not the way i should. RE is a smd
    code and while searching this kind of compenents we should look for it
    on smd code books so we can get the result more easily.
    thank you all againg except phil even he tried to help at first.
  18. Phil Allison

    Phil Allison Guest


    ( snip asinine drivel )


    Why don't you do the planet a favour & just drop dead - eh ?

    ........ Phil
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day