Connect with us

Some kind of potmeter

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Jawb, Feb 1, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Jawb


    Feb 1, 2012
    Hi guys,

    Hope I am posting in the right category.

    I am looking for an analogue device that can return the angle of a simple manouvering handle. The handle is supposed to be able to turn an endless number of turns. Is this possible? So I kind of need a potmeter that can turn an endless number of times...

    Thanks a lot!
  2. Harald Kapp

    Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

    Nov 17, 2011
    That would be a rotary encoder. But mostly these are digital to resist wear.

  3. Jawb


    Feb 1, 2012
    Hi Harald,

    Thanks a lot for your reply!
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day