Connect with us

solid state capacitors

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by lopezgomezjm, Sep 26, 2012.

1. lopezgomezjm

lopezgomezjm

Sep 26, 2012
    I need to replace a capacitor in my motherboard, a solid state type of capacitor. The only data I have is a series of numbers in the package of the capacitor: 732e in the first row, 101 in the second and 16 in the third. Can you tell me what that numbers mean and the electrical especifications I need to know for the replacement. Thank you very much.

2. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    Not sure what you mean by "solid state type" they are all solid state, non-serviceable nowadays...

Anyway the likely...

732e = Manufacture specific identification
    101 = 100 pf
    16 = 16V

3. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    They're a "better" electrolytic.

101 = 100uF

732e is the series identification which tells you the ESR and other things. There was a similar thread recently where I linked to some information and a site to purchase them.

4. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    And knowing the type of capacitor can make the difference on the 101 identification marking value...

5. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
  6. lopezgomezjm

lopezgomezjm

Sep 26, 2012
    Ok, thank you both Coca Cola and Steve for your response, it has been very helpfull to me. Thank you again.

Ask a Question