Connect with us

Solenoid latch

Discussion in 'Sensors and Actuators' started by Sich, Aug 29, 2019.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Sich


    Oct 1, 2018
    I know what I want, but no idea what it would be called (if it exists)...
    I want a latch that work like security tags on clothes.
    A rod with a circumferential groove that drops into a hole and locks.
    It then need a solenoid to be energised to release the grip on the groove.
    I want this to be significantly bigger and stronger than a clothes tag with the rod being 12-14mm diameter.
    I am happy to build this but have no idea where to start with a google search.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Alec_t


    Jul 7, 2015
    Is this the sort of thing? A tad pricey, though.
    Sich likes this.
  3. Sich


    Oct 1, 2018
    Thanks Alec
    That looks just the ticket.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day