Connect with us

Solderless Bread Boards

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by spongebillybob, Aug 14, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. spongebillybob

spongebillybob

Jul 13, 2010
    Hello all,

New user here, wasn't sure what section to post this in. Looking to find out some information on bread boards. I see a wide range in prices between what Janco has to offer and 3M. Are 3M boards that much better?

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    In my experience they're all pretty much of a muchness.

Some I have had have had the back come loose, but in those cases they had mounting points and I simply attached them to a sheet of plywood.

Some are modular and can be connected together, some come attached to a board with terminal posts for power...

ALL have issues with contact resistance and capacitance which means that high current and/or frequency are going to cause you problems.

3. Resqueline

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
    I'm not familiar with the difference between those two, all I know is that a Hewlett Packard trainer I used 30 years ago was the best I've tried so far.
    I have not used any since that had such an ease with which parts & wires slipped in. I'm sure it was pretty costly.

4. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    OK, I'll take it all back. If HP made one 30 years ago, I'm certain it was something really special :)

Ask a Question