Connect with us

Solar powered Arduino?

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by Mat17, Oct 14, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Mat17

Mat17

Oct 13, 2015
    My Arduino would control a solenoid. How would I go about powering my Arduino and the solenoid. The solenoid is a 12 V solenoid. It would only need to be open momentarily, so the voltage would only need to be applied momentarily.I would need some sort of rechargeable battery right? In if I didn't have a battery, how would I power both? How would you go about this?

Should I go the transistor route to power the solenoid? In normal circuits I see people build, they have the solenoid powered by a separate power source (like a 9V) while the arduino is plugged in via USB. But I can't do this in my situation. What should I do? How will I power this? A battery and a solar panel?

2. rickselectricalprojects

rickselectricalprojects

Feb 1, 2015
    it all depends where you are going to have it. if its outdoors then maybe a solor panel but if its indoors than you should power it with a battery or maybe an ac adapter.

Ask a Question