Maker Pro
Maker Pro

SO Im a newbie

Christopher Salazar

Apr 14, 2015
Im new at working with circuit boards and schematics. I am really trying to get a grasp on how the boards work. Can someone explain this schematic for me? Its for an amplifier.

7w-mono-audio-amplifier-kit-schematic.gif

Ratch

Mar 10, 2013
Im new at working with circuit boards and schematics. I am really trying to get a grasp on how the boards work. Can someone explain this schematic for me? Its for an amplifier.

7w-mono-audio-amplifier-kit-schematic.gif
That is like explaining how a car functions. It is too much to do in one posting. What specific part of the schematic don't you understand? Perhaps you need to study elementary electronics first.

Ratch

Christopher Salazar

Apr 14, 2015
Yes I do, i dont understand anything about why we use certain components when we do in electronics. I dont know where to read and learn. If you could link me to something i read through online. I really want to learn. I understand ohms law, kirchoffs law, and basic things. But i want to learn alot more.

Ratch

Mar 10, 2013
Yes I do, i dont understand anything about why we use certain components when we do in electronics. I dont know where to read and learn. If you could link me to something i read through online. I really want to learn. I understand ohms law, kirchoffs law, and basic things. But i want to learn alot more.

How does one learn anything from scratch? Read elementary texts, magazines, take courses, peruse the internet. How would you learn a trade like welding? Search around and ask at trade schools and libraries,

Ratch

Christopher Salazar

Apr 14, 2015
The thing is ratch, i have done that and have not really found anything in detail on why we use capacitors where we do, ect. do you know of any good sources?

Colin Mitchell

Aug 31, 2014
You cannot explain anything without component values.
I have absolutely no idea how the circuit works until the values are added.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
OK that's a standard LM386 audio amplifier :)

next thing to do is google the datasheet for the LM386 and it will give all the functions of that amplifier chip
and various options for its use. It will also tell you about the components around it and why they are used :)

cheers
Dave

Christopher Salazar

Apr 14, 2015
but what gets me , does this work like, the volts go in, through the Potentiometer, but why is there a ground there, and it goes to the positive of the amp? Im already lost, like how does the current go way up to the 10uf capacitor. I think i need to first figure out how it flows through it.

Colin Mitchell

Aug 31, 2014
The triangle is an amplifier. In this case it is a POWER AMPLIFIER.
When you connect the "-" input to 0v, any slight voltage on the "+" input is going to make the output change from a LOW to a HIGH.
The first few milli volts do not alter the output, but after that it only takes a few more millivolts to change the output from a LOW to a HIGH.
In this case the amplifier has a gain of 200 and each millivolt rise on the input will produce 200mV rise on the output.
If the supply is 10v, the output can only rise to nearly 10v and thus an input of 50mV will provide a full swing.
But the input must have a capacitor so that on the AC signal will be passed to the 10k pot, allowing the output to fall back to zero when no signal is delivered.
The amplifier chip normally only has a gain of 20 and the 10u electrolytic increases the gain to 200.
The 250u only allows the signal to enter the speaker.
You will have to find out if the output of the op-amp sits at zero when both inputs are zero.
If the output sits at half-rail and the 250u is removed, current will flow into the speaker and shift the cone. When you try to move the cone further in the same direction, it will have already reached its maximum travel and thus the output will be distorted.
The 50n and 10R improve the quality of the sound by removing some of the highs.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
but what gets me , does this work like, the volts go in, through the Potentiometer, but why is there a ground there, and it goes to the positive of the amp?

That pot is acting as an attenuator on the input to the amplifier so you can adjust the input level from 0 when the arrowed terminal is at the lower ground end to full input when it is at the top end where the input voltage is coming in

Im already lost, like how does the current go way up to the 10uf capacitor. I think i need to first figure out how it flows through it.

the internals of the amplifier use that external capacitor ... AGAIN read the datasheet and it will likely tell you its use and why a certain value is selected

Dave

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
you been to go to basic circuit of resistors capacitors and batteries etc and learn what each component does and why
there are 100's of sites on the www for starting point training

Christopher Salazar

Apr 14, 2015
The only problem i have is that different sites say different things. I'm not sure which ones are opinion based and which are fact based. I found http://www.allaboutcircuits.com. does that look somewhat reputable? Im trying to read whatever is best from to learn from so i don't learn initially the wrong way.