Maker Pro

so..... I'm a new Dad!! :)

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
my missus had a baby on Tuesday at 115am....... just saying

GonzoEngineer

Dec 2, 2011
Congratulations!

I raised five wonderful kids, and let me give you the best advice I have for raising kids.
(Although this is a little early for you.)

"The more you tell your child you are proud of them, the harder they will work to impress you and do better!"

I was raised by a father that never gave a ****, and I ran away from home at 16. I decided that I would raise my kids better than my father....and I did.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Congratulations, Dad.
She'd kick you for not giving the basics, let alone the technical specs,.....
Like, is it a boy or a girl.
I had a good Dad, and tried to raise mine like he did.
If you take care of your baby, they'll take care of you when they get older.
And like your format line, ... you'll find nobody else's kids are as tolerable as yours.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
woo hooo

congratulations to both of you.
I trust mom and baby are doing great :)

cheers
Dave

jpanhalt

Nov 12, 2013
Have you ever noticed that when a woman is pregnant, even strangers will pat her belly and say congratulations?

Why don't dad's get the same treatment?

Congratulations to you both. I have 4, to speak of. ;) They are now grown.

John

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
First off Congrats donkey!!

Second I should say we may start seeing donkey on at some weird hours, and he may have a little less patient from here on out, seeing as how sleep will become a vaguely remembered memory of what used to be.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Congratulations.

It will be interesting to see if your sig changes.

You can stand your kids, and you can stand your farts, but can you stand your kid's farts? :D

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Congratulations donkey!

You can stand your kids, and you can stand your farts, but can you stand your kid's farts? :D
Is that like saying "You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose"? :)

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
I must point out one thing from the whole experience. no one asked how dad was going.
from an electronics point of view if I was a third party and an engineer and a client were putting the final touches on a product, the engineer (the mother as I call them as they do all the labour) is never asked how she is going its the client (the father that likes to show everyone his new item) that gets asked if he is happy. yet when it comes to children they only ever ask the mum.... how odd.

anyway my mini mouse( so name due to her being 6 pounds 2 ounces and squeaks when she hiccups, please note this is a nickname too) is doing quite well and so damn adorable. mum is quite well too except apparently she is suffering from a lack of sleep........ I find plenty of time to sleep though lmao jk

Ian

Administrator
Aug 23, 2006
Congratulations donkey - that's great news and I'm glad to hear you're all doing well :).

gorgon

Jun 6, 2011
Congratulations donkey, is this the first little one? Regards to the parents :D

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
my first, the missuses 3rd.
have to ask why people say congrats? is that congrats on not being able to sleep for the next 3 years? or congrats on being puked up on everytime you feed them? or congrats for the amount of stress associated with being a dad as you will always be double guessing every action?
but then again when you look down and see her toothless smile you know she is about to fart but you also think she is smiling just for you and all that other stuff just gets pushed to the back of your head and for an instant you are so calm until you realise it was more than a fart..... then its mummies turn to hold her lol

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
so while the little one sits in my arms I have been getting bored........... so bored in fact that I have been on here nearly all day trying to keep my brain functioning. I sincerely want people to correct me so I learn something and stop the boredom from taking over...
on a different subject did you know that if you gently push your babies forehead down to their nose they look like a vampire from the Buffy franchise?

2310_Buffy_VAMPIRE_10.jpg

just saying

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
You should stop well before their eyes go that colour.

subashpoudel

Feb 22, 2014
Congrats :)
Being a Daddy is more than being a father.
I hope you become a good daddy.