Connect with us

So, I have an idea for a prototype...

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Ian Currie, Sep 4, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Ian Currie

Ian Currie

Sep 4, 2014
    I have an idea of a prototype for CrossFit, and I would like some help on how to get one made so I can show it to a potential retailer (and for personal use of course).

It would be two small 7 segment display, for two digits, and on command (by pressing a button, or the face itself) it would count up by 1.

Sometimes while doing CrossFit there are "Rounds" in which you complete a series of movements in specific order and a specific amount of reps, but trying to count number of ROUNDS (or sets) becomes impossible. I want a wearable watch/bracelet size digital round counter. This does "exist" but not in a watch like form, its more or less like a stopwatch, which you can't WEAR while you are doing rigorous activity. It is super simple and the price-point could be so minuscule that it could very easily catch on within the community.

Thanks for your help!!!

2. Gryd3

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
    I have replied to your personal mail. Please keep ALL communications about your project in this thread. I am unsure if you had sent that mail to multiple people but I would strongly advise against it.

Draw up a block diagram with the components you want to use. You do not need to know what the parts are called or how they connect... Simply drawing a square labelled 'Display' and connecting it to other squares such as 'Battery' and 'SomeSpecialSensor' will suffice. It will get you on the right track in determining exactly how it will function. The blocks will then be broken into the required electrical components.

3. KrisBlueNZ

KrisBlueNZ Sadly passed away in 2015

Nov 28, 2011
    Have you considered an Android "smartwatch"? There's probably a suitable application available...

4. Ian Currie

Ian Currie

Sep 4, 2014
    Yeah, I've thought about it. The cost is excruciatingly high for it to do one function - count....
    Something similar to that with ONLY a counting function. The cost would be crazy small due 10-15$ to the non-complexity of it. Think of more like a digital watch bracelet a kid would get at an arcade or something.

5. KrisBlueNZ

KrisBlueNZ Sadly passed away in 2015

Nov 28, 2011
Ask a Question