Maker Pro
Maker Pro

SNAP/POP

tdenstedt

Sep 30, 2012
Im a DJ and I started to get a SNAP/POP when I turn on any of my lights and also when my Haze machine kicks on and off. I’ve changed out cables mixers and amps and I can not get rid of it. I have everything plugged in to 2 Furman power conditioners,one for sound and one for lighting,and the ground light is on and protected light is on. This has happened in my last 5 parties and all were in newer buildings before that I rarely had it, in fact it had been years since I had that problem so im wondering if my Furman PL PRO DM power conditioners are wearing out, I contacted them and all they wanted me to do was buy a new one with more filtering. https://www.electronicspoint.com/images/smilies/confused.gif

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Since this is a mobile setup, you might consider 'isolating the offending items (lights and Haze machine) with an 'on-line' UPS battery backup... You would not be using it as a battery backup but as an isolation device... In 'on-line' battery backups the stuff being run off the UPS is always being run off the battery, and the 'line' is full time charging the battery, thus you are not actually running the devices from the line and thus you might see a significant reduction of feedback... Be sure you get an 'on-line' UPS the 'off-line' ones won't provide the isolation as they run the devices off the lines and switch to battery when needed...