Connect with us

sms controled home appliances

Discussion in 'LEDs and Optoelectronics' started by kunal balwani, Jun 30, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. kunal balwani

kunal balwani

Jun 30, 2012
    hi!
    i want to make a project on "sms controled home appliances".....plz help in selecting the right module or a ryt device to use in this project....

2. CDRIVE

CDRIVE Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3

May 8, 2012
    I searched "SMS" and it returned Text Messaging. So, are we talking about a device that takes commands via decoding received text?

3. kunal balwani

kunal balwani

Jun 30, 2012
    yes

yes .....some1 sugested me for sim300....but this device do many more functions & it it complicated too.....

4. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    And you think developing your own is going to somehow be easier? You need cellular connectivity, and a GSM/GPRS module like the SIM300 is what you are going to need, that is unless you have the skills to build your own cellular connectivity module...

This isn't going to be an easy task, it's not stupid complicated either when using a cellular module to do all the heavy lifting, leaving you with just building/coding a device to read the messages and click the appropriate relays... But, it's not something someone with no knowledge is going to be able to accomplish without a steep learning curve...

It's a whole lot easier to interface a DTMF module into an over the counter phone with an auto answer circuit... A simple call to that phone and a few DTMF tones later you are up and running... I can see an inexperienced person actually being able to accomplish this with a little hard work... That and the fact there is a ton of info about using DTMF to do just this...

5. CDRIVE

CDRIVE Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3

May 8, 2012

Ask a Question