Connect with us

SMPS

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Atul Patil, May 26, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Atul Patil

Atul Patil

May 26, 2017
    LED drives is like Smps
    then why led drivers supplied constant current and smps supply constant voltage

2. Arouse1973

Arouse1973 Adam

Dec 18, 2013
    Hello
    Explain more I can't make out what you want to know.
    Adam

3. Atul Patil

Atul Patil

May 26, 2017
    what is the difference between the smps and led drivers

4. Arouse1973

Arouse1973 Adam

Dec 18, 2013
    Got any examples of the devices you have been looking at? But if I am thinking of the same thing as you, they are constant current devices. This allows you to connect a number of LEDs in series and still push the same current through the LED string. This is suppose to help keep the brightness fairly constant. This only works kind of if you use the same LEDs with the same characteristics
    Thanks
    Adam

5. Atul Patil

Atul Patil

May 26, 2017
    how to choose which topology is used in smps

6. Arouse1973

Arouse1973 Adam

Dec 18, 2013
    Tell me more. What do you want to do. Why are you comparing SMPS and LED drivers they perform a different function. They are similar but quite different in their operation.
    Adam

7. Atul Patil

Atul Patil

May 26, 2017
    what is the difference between the forward and flyback topology
    and where used one example

8. Arouse1973

Arouse1973 Adam

Dec 18, 2013
    A flyback converter uses a transformer arranged with the winding dots away from each other i.e. at opposite ends. This transfers energy to the load when the SMPS output switch (usually a MOSFET) turns off. The feed forward converter is the opposite in all aspects, They do however have some restrictions between different topologies. See this link that should help. You could of done this yourself. And I don't mind if you say thank you. :)

http://www.we-online.com/web/en/ind...d_graphics_1/midcom_blog_photos/SMPSChart.pdf

Adam

Last edited: May 26, 2017
    bushtech and Tha fios agaibh like this.
Ask a Question