Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Smoothing the waveform

Sravanthi

Feb 4, 2015
Hi...

I am new to the electronic circuit design...

I am viewing the voltage across a resistor with oscilloscope.Its waveform is not smooth having high frequency ripples.
Can you tell any methods to smooth the waveform.

If filters is the only option then which filters should be used and please tell the design procedure.

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
You only need to ask your question once. If you put it more than once, then good answers can be lost.

We need much more data, where does this ripple come from, what impedance is the source, what frequency and amplitude is it, what is the value of the resistor, what level of ripple can you tolerate ?????

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
have deleted the other thread

as Harald asked in that other one ..... Show us your circuit

cheers
Dave

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
What is the waveform he is talking about is ringing on the rising edge of a square wave? I do agree a filter is ideal, but this could simply be a case in which the ripple is seen, but is completely in acceptable limits for the design.

swagguy8

Dec 10, 2014
What is the waveform he is talking about is ringing on the rising edge of a square wave? I do agree a filter is ideal, but this could simply be a case in which the ripple is seen, but is completely in acceptable limits for the design.
IDK, i think hes talking about high frequency waves that leaked into the output of whatever his device does, and hes trying to filter it out.

agreed with your last sentence

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
IDK, i think hes talking about high frequency waves that leaked into the output of whatever his device does, and hes trying to filter it out..........

no, not likely .... I suspect Gryd3 may be on to it
its either that or the voltage out of a rectifier across a resistor load

Unfortunately , as is common, not enough info was given in the first post

@Sravanthi please tell us more about what you are doing so we can all stop the guessing game

Please .... no one answer till then

Dave