Connect with us

Smartphone transmission

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Sandesh Bharadwaj, Feb 15, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Sandesh Bharadwaj

Sandesh Bharadwaj

Feb 15, 2016
    Is there any way to make a smartphone transmit data through a radio transmitter? My idea is that I can use a radio transmitter in order to transmit live video feed from the smartphone's camera to a display device, instead of using a ccd camera in a quadcopter design. Please give suggestions/advice on how this can be achieved.

2. Externet

Externet

Aug 24, 2009
    The smart telephone has a radio transmitter built-in. And there has to be an application as in real time video chat that will be received and displayed on another smart telephone that you have called to previous take-off.

3. Sandesh Bharadwaj

Sandesh Bharadwaj

Feb 15, 2016
    yeah, but that radio transmitter doesn't have much range does it? I was hoping i could use an external 5.8 ghz transmitter/receiver to do the same.

4. AnalogKid

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
    I don't think real-time video chat is peer-to-peer. Both involved phones talk only to their respective cell towers. Thus, the effective range of the phone on the copter is global.

ak

5. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    that's going to have an even shorter range because if the higher frequency !!

6. Externet

Externet

Aug 24, 2009
    Nothing said about peer-to-peer nor receiving the video transmission somewhere standalone else.
    Video chat to be received with another smart cell phone via the service provider towers/systems...

7. Sandesh Bharadwaj

Sandesh Bharadwaj

Feb 15, 2016
    if my video tx is powerful enough, it is a possibility right?

Yeah i forgot to mention that. But say I was trying to get video output on a different frequency to an external monitor, would it still be possible using cell radio? Is there any possible way to reprogram the radio tx in the smartphone to operate at a different frequency?

Ask a Question