Connect with us

Smartphone on wheels

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Calvinator, Feb 16, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Calvinator

Calvinator

Feb 16, 2016
    Hi guys, how are you? I just registered here to ask a question and share and idea. Are there any way to attach a motor to the android phone?

I just want an android with wheels, something like I can control remotely. My idea is replacing either the vibrating motor, speaker or the headphone jack with a dc motor(the one from toys like tamiya) but I don't think the supply is powerful enough to run it.

But anyway, I'm gonna control it by using another android phone, connect the two phone thru remote control app(Remodroid) and control remotely the "android on wheels" by using the "Main phone" asking it to vibrate or play music. Instead of vibrating or playing the music, the "android on wheels" will power the Dc motor because we replaced it right? This will help me in guarding our whole house while I'm inside the room or sth to see whats going on in the terrace or basement. Not to mention that I can open the camera and other apps to do even cooler stuff with it.

I don't have time to learn about transmitter and receiver as it might also will take alot of effort to look for the tools for it. I hope you guys can help or suggest a more practical way to do this or sth works similar pls tell me. Thanks!

Ask a Question