Connect with us

smart home innovations

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Tobey, Dec 8, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Tobey

Tobey

Dec 8, 2016
    Hello everyone! I'm new at this forum. I'm designing a smart home security system which involves an infrared motion sensor signalling a control panel which consequently notifies home owners via mobile phones using the internet as means of transmitting data over a server. I need someone to help me with an image of a typical circuit design of this intended control panel. There will be communication between mobile device and control panel via internet.Thanks

2. Ian

Ian Administrator

Aug 23, 2006
    Welcome to the forums :).

Please, please don't make multiple posts on the same topic - especially when they're in the middle of someone else's threads. It makes it very difficult to keep track of things when posts are all over the place. I've deleted your other posts so that this thread can be your main one.

It sounds like you are looking for a substantial circuit design, which part are you stuck on during the design? Is there a particular part you need help with?

3. Tobey

Tobey

Dec 8, 2016
    I'm for looking for a circuit design layout for a control panel. It is a security system working with Infrared sensors that sends signal to a control panel which communicates with a mobile device via internet. Does it require an MCU? Please if you can help with a circuit design layout diagram at least from the description I provided then I can takeoff from there. I'm a rookie. Thanks

4. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    How much of the design work have you done already?

What is your experience with electronics?

Are you trying to design a commercial device or something for your personal use?

5. Tobey

Tobey

Dec 8, 2016
    Hello... First of all I love technology and have evolved various innovative solutions. Its my first practical project. Picking off knowledge here and there. Its for personal use but I might introduce it to friends as a security solution. I just have a work process schematics. Haven't done much work yet. Its still on paper. I just need a circuit layout design that I can follow. I will of course liaise with technicians around here. But first, a circuit diagram will help a lot. Thanks

6. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    We can help you but we're not here to design something for you to commercialize.

This is especially true when there are already commercial devices in this space you can go out and purchase.

If you have your own technicians, why not use them?

7. Tobey

Tobey

Dec 8, 2016
    Its not to commercialize anything. Its just a guideline to follow. The local technicians haven't done anything like this before. It will only be rational to work with a blueprint. Please any assistance will be appreciated. Its my first device. I want to build myself.

8. Tobey

Tobey

Dec 8, 2016
    I just want to do great work. When I'm done you'll be the first to see it. I do not want buy from the open market. I want to create it myself.

9. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    Sure, tell us what your skills are. We may be able to help you learn how to do some of this yourself.

If you want someone to do all the design work and give it to you then you need to be prepared to pay.

10. NMNeil

NMNeil

Oct 3, 2014
    I was about to ask "Why reinvent the wheel?" but then thought why not break down the question and show that it's not practical to do it yourself.

Start with a few questions.
    The infra red sensor, would this be passive i.e detect body heat/movement or static like a magic eye beam interrupt?

If you want to broadcast information from the sensor to a phone you will need a wifi router. Do you intend to build a router or use an existing one, and what protocol will the router use?

The phone, is it the Android operating system and if so are you going to write the software yourself?

I could go on, but I hope just by asking these very basic questions you realize you will be taking on not one, but many very complex projects.

Start by gathering the components and building this:

https://diyhacking.com/pir-motion-sensor-automate-home/

And let us know how it worked and any problems you had

11. HellasTechn

HellasTechn

Apr 14, 2013
    Welcome to our forum !

What you ask may very well not be possible for us to do. The system you want to create will definetly involve microcontrollers and too much programming. So ieven if someone provides you with a basic circuit design with some pic microcontroller how will you manage to write the code for it to work ?

If again you need someone to write a code for you also then it is as if you are asking for someone to do most of the work for you.

The hard part most of the times is not to actually build the circuit but to study and design it.

P.S.
    Haveing a device talk through internet is not a simple task. It is not like haveing a microcontroller turn on and off a LED.

Ian and davenn like this.
Ask a Question