Connect with us

Small fluorescent lamp needed

Discussion in 'Electronic Repair' started by [email protected], Jul 5, 2006.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Guest

    Hello All

    I need to find a source for a small fluorescent "U" lamp that measures
    2 1/2 inches in its U shape and the tube diameter is 7/16 inches. A
    single wire comes out each end and ithe wires are soldered to the pcb.
    This lamp is in the base of a small statue. The electronic ballast is
    powered by a 9 volt wall wort. The ballast is putting out about 1000
    volts which is the starting voltage for this type of lamp according to
    a pdf file I found for this type of ballast. I measured at the wires
    where they enter the tube.
    The voltage is supposed to drop to 500 volts ac when the lamp ignites.
    Thanks in advance.

  2. Bob Parker

    Bob Parker Guest

    I did a bit of net searching but U-shaped CCFLs are not real
    common. If you follow some links from
    you might find a supplier.
    Good luck!

  3. James Sweet

    James Sweet Guest

    I've seen very similar lamps to that at Lowes, they were for solar
    powered garden lights, it would probably work for your application
    though you might have to remove the base.
  4. Ibn Fadlan

    Ibn Fadlan Guest

    Check out sign shops.
    They make custom bulbs all day long.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day