Connect with us

Slide shows to view on TV

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by afritzges, Feb 27, 2012.

1. afritzges

afritzges

Feb 27, 2012
    Hi,
    I am researching for a project I need to complete at work. I have to create two different types of slide shows that will need to be viewed on a television in our showroom. I want to create one slide show that I can play on a continuous loop. The other slide show I have to be able to click through like a power point.

My first question is what program would I use to create these slide shows so that they can be viewed on the TV in the ways I need. Also is there a way to use a USB to store the information instead of a DVD? I would prefer to buy a newer TV with a USB connection that allows me to view the slide shows through the USB.

In the office we have a Mac and PCs. I can use either to create the slideshows but I would prefer to use the Mac because I will be editing the photos in Photoshop.

I am concerned that I may find programs to make slide shows but the final product will not work on the TV.

Also, when I do get this all worked out, does anyone know of a clicker that maybe plugs into the TV to click through a slide show?

Any help from anyone is greatly appreciated!

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hi there

welcome to the forums

My TV, which has a USB port, takes a USB memory stick and in the TV menu once selecting that input and selecting photo's rather than say videos.
    I see a thumbnail of all pics in the directory and can then start aa slide show with those pics.
    I guess it really depends on your model of TV and its capabilities. BUt the chances are that if it can display individual pics then it can also probably slideshow them

cheers
    Dave

3. afritzges

afritzges

Feb 27, 2012
    I really need to know for sure before my company purchases anything. My boss really wants there to be transitions. I also would be need to know what format the pictures would need to be saved in and if they need to be high res or not.

4. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    well you need to talk to the company that you plan to buy the TV(s) from and discuss it !!
    Take along a USB memory stick with some jpg pics and some avi or mpg movies and see if they are recognised and will do a slideshow

just something YOU have to do, no one else can for you, you are the one doing the research ;)

Dave

5. siggy

siggy

Mar 3, 2012
    Use a laptop for the slide and tv as big screen monitor

Ask a Question