Connect with us

single pulse

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by theredstealth, Sep 15, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. theredstealth

theredstealth

Sep 15, 2011
    I'm building a circuit and I need it to send out a quick pulse when powered up to set a 4029counter to a certain value every time. I can not come up with anything.

2. KMoffett

KMoffett

Jan 21, 2009
    You need a "power-on reset". Capacitor and resistor in series across power supply. Capacitor to Vdd and resistor to Vee. Junction of resistor and capacitor to CD4029's Preset-Enable...pin 1. How fast is the clock input? Try a 10KΩ and a 0.1µF. Depending on the CD4029 counted circuit, you might want to add a 1KΩ resistor across the Vdd to Vee. This is to assure discharge of the added capacitor when power is removed.

Ken

3. theredstealth

theredstealth

Sep 15, 2011
    Thank you for the info
    Clock will be controlled by switches. Solenoids will be controlled by counter output as well 7-segment display.

So if I understand you correct, Vdd is power and Vee is common. which means;
    Power------>Capacitor------->P/E & resistor----------->common

4. KMoffett

KMoffett

Jan 21, 2009
    Yes, that's what I had in mind.

Ken

5. theredstealth

theredstealth

Sep 15, 2011
    thanks for the help, we just had an example of this in class today, if I had asked this question I wouldnt have realized the purpose of the circuit and it would have been just another diagram. now I know how it actually works.

Ask a Question