Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Single Axis Component/Motor?

ksn

Apr 22, 2011
Hi, I was wondering if anybody knew of any components/motors that has a rod or something that moves along a single axis, kind of like a piston in an engine.

Thanks.

ksn

Apr 22, 2011
Thank you! I'm not proficient with this stuff, so I'm searching on google with all the wrong keywords and not finding any of this.

I looked up the actuators and I think that is what I need, but they all seem very loud. Is there a way to silence these, or does that have to be done by soundproofing it's container?

KMoffett

Jan 21, 2009
ksn,

Perhaps you can explain what you are trying to do?...close a curtain?...open a gate?...lift a bridge? ;) The big picture?...what do you want to move?...how far?...how fast?

Ken

ksn

Apr 22, 2011
I signed an NDA so I can't reveal much, but basically, I just need to hook it up to a two-way switch. One way will push something out maybe 6 inches, and switched back will pull it back to it's default position. Doesn't have to be very fast, but not painfully slow :p

This would be something for the home, so the quieter the better. Are there linear actuators that come silent? Can I insulate the motor with material to dampen the noise?

Thanks for all help :)

KMoffett

Jan 21, 2009
I have a NDA too...No Details Agreement. ;) No details...no help. Sorry.

Can I insulate the motor with material to dampen the noise?
Sure.

Ken

Last edited: