Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Simultaneous animation of multiple LEDs outof sync

varkpos

May 14, 2010
I would like to control a number of high voltage led arrays at various speeds and duty cycles.

Each led array is controlled/switched (on and off) by a logic level mosfet. All is tested and working fine at that end, thanks to all the help I received in this forum, he he.

All needed is the controlling side, and I thought of using a Arduino. Tested the control of one object with PWM output on the arduino. This works fine to pulsate from dimm to full brightness on one pin.

What I would like to achieve is controlling multiple arrays (22), pulsating at different duty cycles at the same time with various delays in between.

Could anyone help me to achieve this, and what would be the best solution.

LTX71CM

May 23, 2010
What level of experience do you have with the Arduino? Do you mainly use the libraries or code at a lower level? Are you familiar with interrupts?

varkpos

May 14, 2010
I started using the Arduino, 2 weeks back. So its fairly basic, but I am learning quick.
Managed to use all 14 PWM pins to pulsate from High to Low.

Found an interesting thread at http://labs.ideo.com/2010/03/10/animation-of-multiple-leds-with-arduino/

This is exactly what I want to do, so I am currently working on the code, only to include a break between various pulsation, and to randomise this action on all 22 arrays. Mainly slow moving pulsations and no harsh blinking.

Thats another little niggle I still have, the Arduino has 14 PWM pins, a few short. I ordered the LTC3220 to enable more pinouts, but never realised the size. That thing is microscopic. Will try to add pins but I can see whats comming.