Connect with us

simulation tool

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by vinod chandran, Jul 31, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. vinod chandran

vinod chandran

Jun 21, 2011
    hi,
    i need a software that analyse and calculate the schematic which i draw. for example if i draw a resistor of 200k and connect a 12v dc into it, the software should tell me the voltage of the other end. is there sny software like this ?. plz tell me.
    vinod kc

2. poor mystic

poor mystic

Apr 8, 2011
    Hi Vinod
    there is plenty of software, such as Spice, which can help with simulation. Versions of Spice can be downloaded from the web. The software is not simple to learn, though.
    However your illustration in which you say you want to know the voltage at the other end of a 200k resistor tells me that you don't understand electricity well enough to make use of Spice. Learning electricity using Spice would be impractical.

Learning the elements of electrical circuit analysis, that is voltage and current, resistance and impedance would be really worthwhile.

In the meantime, is there some kind of circuit problem you need help with?

3. vinod chandran

vinod chandran

Jun 21, 2011
    Hi Mystic
    first of all thanks for ur reply. i will try to learn the basics of electronics. anyway i have a doubt with a passive tone control circuit. i built it but the two pots are working strangely!. that means when i turn the bass pot in clockwise everything is ok and bass increases. but the treble pot decreases treble in cockwise . i wondered why this is happening?. so i decided to test this circuit with a simulation tool. and i found som tools. but i don't now the operation . anyway i'm attaching the circuit.here. plz tell me if anything went wrong. i can't find a 250 pF capacitor so i use a 220 pF .

Attached Files:

• pass.jpg
      pass.jpg
      File size:
      18.6 KB
      Views:
  4. poor mystic

poor mystic

Apr 8, 2011
    Looks to me you better check all your soldering, especially around C1

5. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    thats a wee bit different from a normal bass and treble control system
    I will find a cct I did a couple of weeks ago I know it works well :)
    hmmm ok my one was an active one in that it has op-amp preamps on the input and output. here's a cct that will do the trick for you :)

[​IMG]

Dave

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  6. vinod chandran

vinod chandran

Jun 21, 2011
    Hi Dave,
    thanks for the circuit. i'm going to build that. i hope all the capacitors are ceramic. by the way one doubt. i have a stereo amp of 40 W power output. and i have a woofer(20W 8 inch) and a subwoofer(most probably 30W 6 inch). is there any problem by using the subwoofer in my amp's speaker out? Do i need to buy a 20 W woofer?.

7. vinod chandran

vinod chandran

Jun 21, 2011
    Hi poor mystic,
    Thanx for the reply. i'll check the soldering. by the way one doubt. i have a stereo amp of 40 W power output. and i have a woofer(20W 8 inch) and a subwoofer(most probably 30W 6 inch). is there any problem by using the subwoofer in my amp's speaker out? Do i need to buy a 20 W woofer?.

8. TBennettcc

TBennettcc

Dec 4, 2010
    This is a good place to start for basic electronics theory:

http://www.opamp-electronics.com/tutorials/dc_theory.htm

Go through the first couple chapters, then Google for some Ohm's Law practice problems, and do those until you understand Ohm's Law. Next step (in my opinion) would be to get a hold of 'The Art of Electronics' by Paul Horowitz and Winfield Hill. I haven't read it yet (I'm saving up to get it), but I've been told it's THE book to get to learn about electronics.

Good luck.

9. vinod chandran

vinod chandran

Jun 21, 2011
    Hi T.D.Bennett,
    i think that site is helpful for me in the first look. Thanks a lot. In India "Kata Upanishad" says quality of a Scholar. "He who spread out his knowledge is the Scholar and a valiant man". This is my luck to have friends like you.

10. Laplace

Laplace

Apr 4, 2010
    Here is an example of using Mathcad for circuit analysis of your original circuit. The potentiometers are replaced by two resistors with a parametric variable, i.e., R2 becomes (x)R2 and (1-x)R2 where x has a range from 0 to 1.

Attached Files:

11. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    The 2uF on the input (C3) will be an electrolytic
    for the rest you could use ceramics or greencaps

Dave

12. vinod chandran

vinod chandran

Jun 21, 2011
    Hi laplace,
    Thanks for your reply. i'm a newcomer in electronics. so i couldn't understant any thing from your image. i just want to know what happens the audio signal coming through the resistors and capacitors.

Ask a Question