Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Simple switch question

bigpimpdx

May 6, 2013
I have a 700ma power driver for my LED spotlights on my motorcycle, works great, the way it dims for low beam operation is by connecting the DIM and DIM GRD with a resistor to set the desired output, I have a 10k trim pot so I can adjust the brightness of the low beam. All that being said, my high beam/low beam switch applies 12v to either wire A or B to the headlight, this of course applies 12v either to the high beam or the low beam of the headlight.

On to the question, I know I can add another switch to close the circuit for low beam or open it for high beam operation on the LED spotlights, what I need is a switch or component that when 12v is applied it closes the circuit and when not applied opens the circuit, this would allow me to connect this component to my low beam 12v so that when the switch was in the low beam position it would close the circuit between the DIM and DIM GRD on my power driver resulting in a low beam on my spot lights.

I am sure this will seem elementary to some of you but any help would be appreciated!!

glewis721

Apr 30, 2013
Is a relay what you need; or am I misunderstanding something?