Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Simple remotecontrol robot

ayush soni

Aug 24, 2014
so its my new project :)
m starting searching what things i need & circuit diagram :)
any suggestions ??? :)

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Not to be a downer, but my suggestions are as follows:
-Build a 'tethered' robot so you don't have to mess with wireless.
-Build a line following, obstacle avoiding, or Sumo Robot.

Once you can comfortably do this, you can build a wireless robot and the only new thing you will need to learn is managing a wireless signal.
Your call. Where do you want to go from here?

ayush soni

Aug 24, 2014
hm..
ok i will start with tethered robot
u have any simple circuit diagram ? or u know what things i need for this ??

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Plan for what you want the robot to do, then design from there.
A thethered robot will be connected by a cord or two to the controller. The controller can take care of transmitting signals down the wire, as well as power.
The robot body itself will take care of motors and sensors

ayush soni

Aug 24, 2014
Plan for what you want the robot to do, then design from there.
A thethered robot will be connected by a cord or two to the controller. The controller can take care of transmitting signals down the wire, as well as power.
The robot body itself will take care of motors and sensors
i want to start with simple one
which will be more simple
simple robot which i can control with remote , line following robot , or obstacle detector ???

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
I could provide you with code n design for line follower as well as obstacle detector......
Code is only required if you choose to go the microprocessor route, but there are plenty of circuits that can be built with discrete components that will work just fine for a starter project.
i want to start with simple one
which will be more simple
simple robot which i can control with remote , line following robot , or obstacle detector ???
Controlling a robot with a remote will be the easiest, but would possible teach you the least amount. The only possible learning to be done would be learning a little more about transistors if you build your circuit with an H-bridge to control any motors you may use. If you go a little overboard, the use of servo motors will require a little more knowledge.
The line following / obstacle detecting robot would teach you more in my opinion.

*Note, the LDR you used in your last project would be used for a line following robot. You would face it down, and use an LED to light up the floor. When the LDR is over a strip of black electrical tape the resistance will change and the robot will respond. This method would use a very similar circuit to the one you have already built. You would use 2 or more LDRs, one on each side to determine if the robot fell off the left or right side of the tape ;)

ayush soni

Aug 24, 2014
*Note, the LDR you used in your last project would be used for a line following robot. You would face it down, and use an LED to light up the floor. When the LDR is over a strip of black electrical tape the resistance will change and the robot will respond. This method would use a very similar circuit to the one you have already built. You would use 2 or more LDRs, one on each side to determine if the robot fell off the left or right side of the tape ;)

i think i get u :)
& i think for that i have to change the resistors :)
100K is very big :p
& i will try it after i get the parts
i think now i only need motors & wheel :D
& my line following robot will work :D

ketanrd01

Aug 11, 2014
send me ur email id, i'll mail you the PCB layout of a line-follower cum obstacle detector....
cant attach files with .pcb extension here n my printscreen doent work....

ketanrd01

Aug 11, 2014
N if you are a starter, try using 2 dpdt switches n 4 motors to make a basic mechanical bot.
Short +ve of 2 motors on left side , then short their -ve. (as in see that both move in same direction)
Follow the same procedure for motors on the right.
Then solder these to the switch n your mechanical bot is ready to run....:)

ketanrd01

Aug 11, 2014
But please dont go straight for it if you are new.
try a mechanical bot first,then go for some basic LDR ones....