Maker Pro
Maker Pro

simple question

electronoobz

Jan 14, 2012
May I know the difference between the two?

I know the other is simpler ... but I mean in performance ?

bosssd1.gif

a_bossod.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Add 1: I notice your using "ASAP" rather often in your posts. Also, here you're using all capitals. I kindly ask you to observe some netiquette: People in this forum volunteer to help. Nobody likes to be yelled at.

Add 2: I assume that "difference between the two" refers to your previous post. As I'm too lazy to serch for that other post (as may most other be, too), please put the circuits in question side by side so we can compare them.

Add 3: "Performance"? Please be more specific. Performance has many aspects:
- gain
- output power
- frequency response

Harald

electronoobz

Jan 14, 2012
sorry.. ok i wont use it anymore...

it's the same boss sd-1 pedal...

but why is the other one complicated?? is there something different?? (i mean buffer?? or anything)

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
i posted it already
but not in this thread and I'm not willing to search for it. Please put them side by side (or atop each other) for easier comparison.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
it is in the top of the thread
I notice there is a symbol pointing to a link that doesn't work for me. Could you upload the schematic directly, please?

electronoobz

Jan 14, 2012
Here you go sir/buddy/boss/Mr

Attachments

• bosssd1.gif
    bosssd1.gif
    18.6 KB · Views: 81
  • a_bossod.gif
    a_bossod.gif
    4.3 KB · Views: 71

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
When I follow the link directly, I see the image.
It looks like the main difference between the two schematics is that the more complex schematic includes a switch (the 2*2sk30A transistors) to select between the unmodified and the modofied input signal for output via zhe 2sc732 transistor.
This switch is controlled via the flipflop at the bottom (2*2SC1685 transistors) which in turn is toggled by the ON/OFF button at the lower left of the schematic.

It's up to you to decide whether that's an improvement in performance.

Last edited:

electronoobz

Jan 14, 2012
It looks like the main difference between the two schematics is that the more complex schematic includes a switch (the 2*2sk30A transistors) to select between the unmodified and the modofied input signal for output via zhe 2sc732 transistor.
This switch is controlled via the monoflop at the bottom (2*2SC1685 transistors) which in turn is toggled by the ON/OFF button at the lower left of the schematic.

ohhh..... but in sound is it the same??? without those things??

is it important to have it (i mean will it sound bad if i dont have those)

electricianrar

Jan 2, 2013
This switch is controlled via the monoflop at the bottom (2*2SC1685 transistors) which in turn is toggled by the ON/OFF button at the lower left of the schematic.

How to determine the improvement in their performance? Will the monoflop help to determine them? I am not sure about this...

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
First, sorry, it's not a monoflop but a flipflop.

You either have the original sound or the modified sound. You could use a manual switch instead, I guess a pedal-actuated button is easier to handle on stage.

As to the sound: try it. I wouldn't know the difference from the schematic alone.