Connect with us

Simple oscillator help

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Nadi, Jan 3, 2018.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Nadi

Nadi

Jan 3, 2018
    Hi i build the tansistor oscillator of look mum no computer and it dosent work i canot find what is the problem ,its my first electronics project
    Hare is a link to the project https://www.lookmumnocomputer.com/projects/#/simplest-oscillator/

And some photos of the breadboard
    It working on 15v 1.5a charger 20180103_192333.jpg
    I connect it to a amp in stereo aduio jack
    The led is working and knob is controling its brightnes 20180103_192337.jpg 20180103_192322.jpg
    Tnx for all the ansers im really stak

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hi ya, welcome

your photos are incredibly blurry and it is difficult to confirm the connections

you seem to have many more jumper wires than you need
    there are also some of those jumpers that don't appear to connect to anything

get rid of the excess jumpers and tidy things up
    eg.
    1) that white wire towards the right end

2) I cant tell what is happening with that mass of wires connected to the right end of the board
    if they are all for the battery connection... why so many?? ..... take a red (positive) and black (negative) leads from the battery
    and take them directly to the + and - points in the top right corner

3) that orange wire towards the left end that goes from the - rail at the top of the board and down to near the LED .... doesn't seem to connect to anything

4) there's a black wire that goes along the board from the middle right ( from blue wire) to the left, but the left end doesn't appear to be connected to anything

5) the green wire in the middle of the board isn't connected to anything

after that start, do some new SHARP and CLEAR pix and post them. Then we can sort out any other errors, I'm sure there are more ;)

Dave

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
Ask a Question