Connect with us

Simple current question.

Discussion in 'Project Construction Technologies' started by Richard9025, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Richard9025

Richard9025

May 24, 2016
    Hi!

I'm building an ESR meter, a classic one with an analog microammeter for indication.

The problem is, the circuit is designed for a 50 uA microammeter. I only have a 200uA meter.

I get 1/4 full scale reading for 0ohms, shorted terminals (that's good because at 0 ohms means 50uA that is 1/4 of my meter's scale)

If I remove the "zero adjust" potentiometer and a series resistance, I can get a maximum of 110uA out of the circuit, but that is 1/2 of my meter's scale....

For full scale I need 200uA.

How can I increase the current to reach a full scale reading? By using some kind of DC current amplifier? Or maybe a voltage doubler?

I'll upload photos later, the question is simple: How can I adapt a higher amperage ammeter to work in a lower amperage circuit?

2. Bluejets

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
    davenn likes this.
  3. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Post the schematic. All that might be needed is a change in the value of another resistor.

Ask a Question