Connect with us

Simple amplifire

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Avidestroyer, Jan 17, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Avidestroyer

Avidestroyer

Jan 11, 2013
    How to make a simple 1 watt amplifire using transistor?

2. Laplace

Laplace

Apr 4, 2010
    Stoking the desired performance from an amplifire requires careful attention to power dissipation levels following ignition by the power supply. Select a small-signal transistor with a high current rating in a plastic TO-92 package. Keep the collector current well below the maximum rating to avoid fusing the junction prior to achieving the desired result. A common 2N2222A in TO-92 is a good choice, having a 1 A current & 700 mW power rating. Avoid using a heat sink as that could lead to unpredictable heating performance. Attached is one possible circuit for a transistor amplifire with a designed collector current of 250 mA and Vce of 9.9 V that should be capable of achieving a spectacular brilliance before flameout.

Attached Files:

3. sirch

sirch

Dec 6, 2012
    :D :D :D

4. KrisBlueNZ

KrisBlueNZ Sadly passed away in 2015

Nov 28, 2011
  5. Miguel Lopez

Miguel Lopez

Jan 25, 2012
    What is the purpose of that amplifier? Audio?

6. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hi Miguel

no, to produce LOTS of heat .... Laplace was playing on words .... notice the way the OP has misspelt amplifier ....
    amplifire
    so he produced a transistor that is on fire ;)

Dave

7. Miguel Lopez

Miguel Lopez

Jan 25, 2012
    Ah! OK, I missed the joke. Sorry....being myself a Spanish speaker I missed such detail. That's OK now
    :D:D:D:D:D:D

I had also amplifired some transistors in the past :)

8. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hahah I think we all probably have ...
    and anyone who says they havent is probably a liar ;)

Dave

9. KrisBlueNZ

KrisBlueNZ Sadly passed away in 2015

Nov 28, 2011
    I made a light emitting diode once. It was one of those germanium ones in the glass envelope, an OA91 probably. They have a nice little wire in there that glows if you pass too much current through them. Then it stops glowing. Oh well :-/

10. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    I've heard that the little lights go on behind the quartz window of an old style eprom if you connect the power around the wrong way.

Alas, once I was told this I was too careful to have ever done it (or if I did, I didn't see it :))

11. CDRIVE

CDRIVE Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3

May 8, 2012
    I can honestly say that I have NEVER fried a component in my entire life. The electrons did it! :p :rolleyes:

Chris

Ask a Question