Connect with us

Siliconix SSTC34-T1 datasheet

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by (*steve*), Jan 21, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    I have been gifted about 2/3 of a reel (2000 parts) of Siliconix SSTC34-T1 N Channel JFets.

The problem is, there appears to be no data available for them :-( I would be very grateful if someone can point me in the direction of the specs for this device.

They are SOT-23 and the label on the reel says:

SILICONIX
    17856 SSTC34-T1
    G45004 (E10) E9612
    QA O/C Q9613E QTY 3000
    PHILIPPINES 30 MAR 96

I have figured out that they are N Channel JFets based on 2 documents I've found on the web. One indicated that this was one of a set of JFets being discontinued by Vishay in 2007, the other from some other obscure document that listed the part as an N-Channel device.

Another forum has suggested I contact Siliconix, which I have, but they have not been very helpful (as yet).

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    OK, I take it all back...

It *does* look like an N channel JFet I'm getting a Vf of 1.2V at 0.9mA on the diode test function of one multimeter between the gate and the other 2 terminals.

And when I wire it up like an N channel jfet it gives me reasonable looking results. I even see a Vf of around 0.6V when the gate is forward biased through a 100k resistor (at obviously very low currents -- around 50uA)

Here's the test circuit:

[​IMG]

Now, how do I distinguish between the source and the drain?

I've tried with the both the D/S terminals both ways around and the results are almost identical.

What property will distinguish them?

Attached Files:

Ask a Question