Connect with us

signal impulse led indicator with hold

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by madstudio, Jan 16, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. madstudio

madstudio

Jan 16, 2013
    Hi everybody, I need a help about designing small circuit . As title says, I need to establish voltage for LED from short 5v impulse (few ms) but with hold of 5 or more seconds. I presume that it's not so complicated, maybe one transistor few resistors and capacitor, but honestly I'm not so knowledgeable. :eek: Any help?

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    As I understand it, you want the circuit to light the LED for 5seconds whenever a 5ms pulse arrives, right?

If so, look up monostable multivibrators. There are lots of simples circuits using two transistors or one NE555 timer IC.

Harald

3. madstudio

madstudio

Jan 16, 2013
    Exactly :) thanks, so something like this? http://www.circuitstoday.com/555-timer-as-monostable-multivibrator

4. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    Yes, just one example out of many...

5. madstudio

madstudio

Jan 16, 2013
    I decided to go this way. It looks OK but I would like to check did I missed something ;)

Attached Files:

Ask a Question