Connect with us

Signal drifting/EM signal/Faraday cage/metal box with connector

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Chengjun Li, Apr 25, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Chengjun Li

    Chengjun Li

    Oct 21, 2014

    I am using a evaluation board to measure extreme small differential capacitance on the aF scale. I always got a drifting output, although the speed of drift is slow. I think this might due to the influence of environmental EM signal. I want to use a faraday cage to isolate the EM signal. The faraday cage is better to have connectors on it. I used to see somebody else use a metal box with connectors on it, but I don't know how it is called. Does anyone know where can I buy such a box or what it is named? I didn't find any item by typing faraday cage on DIGIKEY.

  2. dorke


    Jun 20, 2015
    They are called "EMI/RFI shielded boxes",mostly of aluminum.
    You can make one yourself for much less,use any tin box and add the connectors you need for signals.
    and feed-through caps for power.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day