Connect with us

shoX mini speaker interconnecting (stereo) cable wiring?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by FuZZ1L0G1C, Oct 9, 2018.

1. FuZZ1L0G1C

FuZZ1L0G1C

Mar 25, 2014
    Hi.

For several years, I've owned a pair of shoX ESX101 TEVO mini speakers.
    These use a 3.5mm stereo - to - 3.5mm stereo for audio out, say from a mobile phone etc, to LINE (in) of shoX.

Charging the internal battery is via a mini-USB (picture shown) to standard PC USB 2.0 for 5V DC.
    The non-audio-input speaker is charged so this obviously houses the battery.
    When fully charged, a mini-USB-to-mini-USB is connected between speaker A and B.

Once plugged into audio out>in, and switched on, (charged speaker), sound is amplified, the bass being increased by twisting both speakers to activate the spring/bellows.

I have since lost the interconnecting mini-USB-to-mini-USB cable, and am finding difficulty in tracking another at hi-fi and computer stores.

My idea is therefore to buy TWO mini-USB cords (with other end being cut off), then soldering them to make one.

My Question is: Does anybody know if this should be crossed-wired, and how many of the 5 pins are used, and which of them?

Otherwise, I suppose if push comes to shove, I could open housings and check board tracks and components.
    Checked the Web, but other than 'how to use' and adverts, found nil re wiring the mini-USB cable.
    Thanks,
    Clive.
    shoxX_closeup.jpg miniusbplug.jpg

2. bushtech

bushtech

Sep 13, 2016
    FuZZ1L0G1C likes this.
  3. FuZZ1L0G1C

FuZZ1L0G1C

Mar 25, 2014
    Thanks @bushtech !!
    I never thought of checking Radio Shack's website.
    Plan to pay them a visit soon to shop for other components.
    0.5m is fine, as it's just to amplify my Vodafone's feeble speaker (outdoors) when watching video clips.

Ask a Question