Connect with us

Shot counter

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Koen, Dec 21, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Koen

Koen

Dec 21, 2015
    For my airsoft hobby i would like to create a simple kind of shot counter.
    What i would like to build is a simple push button that i can attach to my trigger.
    My magazines can hold 25 bb's, so every time i pull the trigger the button is pushed automaticly.
    i would like it that when i have shot 20 bb's an orange LED starts burning, and when i shot 25bb's a red LED goes burning.
    This all driven by a simple 9v battery in a small box i can place with ease on my airsoft replica.

The big problem i have with this build is that i do not know what to use that can do the counting. (and a way to reset it so aafter relaod it starts counting again)
    So any ideas are welcome.

2. CDRIVE

CDRIVE Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3

May 8, 2012
    A Picaxe 08M2 (uC) Microcontroller would be a good choice because it can run on a 3V Button Battery. Any circuit you build around a uC is going to take up much less real estate.

Chris

Koen likes this.
  3. Koen

Koen

Dec 21, 2015
    So that 08M2 module will be the part that does the counting then?

it should look something like the added image (sorry, not good in drawing electrical diagrams)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  4. CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
    The Picaxe 08M2 is an 8pin microcontroller.
    http://www.picaxe.com/Hardware/PICAXE-Chips/PICAXE-08M2-microcontroller
    It can operate on a 3V button battery and directly drive your LEDs.

The programming software is a free download. If you like I will draw the schematic and write the code. All you have to do is copy - paste the code into your picaxe editor and download it to the chip.

Do you have soldering experience?
    Edit: Yes, it will count and drive the LEDs too!
    Chris

Koen likes this.
  5. Koen

Koen

Dec 21, 2015
    My solder expérience is a bit rusty, but ok.
    That wil not be a big problem.
    If you do not mind i would be very happy with you to draw the schematic and write the code, that are things i have no expérience with.
    So that would be great.

Thanks

6. Colin Mitchell

Colin Mitchell

Aug 31, 2014
    The shot counter I produce for clay targets listens for the shot.

Koen likes this.
  7. Martaine2005

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
    Does that work if more than one person is firing?
    Or did I stupidly assume "listen" was with an electret mic type.

Martin

8. Colin Mitchell

Colin Mitchell

Aug 31, 2014
    It's actually a piezo diaphragm attached to the stock and any number of guns can be in use.

Koen likes this.
  9. Martaine2005

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
    Ah ok, so vibration/shock sensing?
    I wonder if that would work for "airsoft".. I don't know how they work. May be Co2 cartridges?

Martin

Koen likes this.
  10. Koen

Koen

Dec 21, 2015
    The airsoft rifle works on a LiPo battery, i doubt it makes enoug noise to make it sound activated

11. CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
    A few questions:

Does this mean that the OEM design employs switch contacts in conjunction with the trigger?

What's the Lipo's voltage?

Can we see some photos, product links, owners manual data?

Chris

12. Koen

Koen

Dec 21, 2015
    I am not sure what you are asking here, if it means how the rifle knows when the trigger is pulled:
    the top of the trigger contacts with a metal plate, when that happens it gives the power from the battery to the motor wich in his turn turns the gears pulling back a piston and when the piston is released it shoots the bb

Battery i use for the rifle is a 2600MAH 7.4V 20C LIPO NUNCHUCK
    This is not the battery i would use for the counter, i would use an external battery for it

The rifle itself is a base carabine bw15 compact blackwater, but it has been modified (only the electronics are still standard)
    I am looking for a schematic of it, but cant realy find it

13. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    Some time back I saw method of counting turns on a coil winder. A simple calculator can be set to do the same calculation when a button is pushed. Set it up to add one each time and reset it when needed. The trigger would need to be connected to the appropriate button contact.

Martaine2005 and Koen like this.
  14. Koen

Koen

Dec 21, 2015
    on a dutch forum where i asked this question someone came up with this schedule:
    [​IMG]

Ask a Question