Maker Pro
Maker Pro

shockwave plugin crashing

chopnhack

Apr 28, 2014
Is anyone else getting an error with shockwave plugin crashed? Chrome ver 53.0.2 on win7 - yes win7 cause i like to hold out ;)

Ian

Administrator
Aug 23, 2006
It's ok for me in 53.0.2785.143 m - but I'm running Windows 10.

I'm looking forward to moving away from the Flash uploader on the site, so as soon as there is a way out of it I'll be making the jump :).

If the problem doesn't go away, you can go to the preferences page on the site and disable the flash uploader ("Use the Flash-based uploader to upload attachments"):

https://www.electronicspoint.com/account/preferences

However, that will mean you can't upload multiple files in one go.

chopnhack

Apr 28, 2014
It's ok for me in 53.0.2785.143 m - but I'm running Windows 10.

I'm looking forward to moving away from the Flash uploader on the site, so as soon as there is a way out of it I'll be making the jump :).

If the problem doesn't go away, you can go to the preferences page on the site and disable the flash uploader ("Use the Flash-based uploader to upload attachments"):

https://www.electronicspoint.com/account/preferences

However, that will mean you can't upload multiple files in one go.

I only noticed it yesterday when I was posting and receiving new post alerts. The page became unresponsive until the alert processed.

Why does the site allow direct png paste under firefox but not on chrome? Security issue or forum restriction?

Thanks Ian!

Ian

Administrator
Aug 23, 2006
I think it's just a different way that browsers handle things to be honest, I'm not aware of the forum software placing any browser specific restrictions. We patch the forum software as soon as any fixes are released, so if there are any bugs the forum software devs usually sort it pretty quickly.