Maker Pro

Sharp XV-Z2000 DLP projector

jsnider

Jan 23, 2013
Wondering if anyone can assist me.

Sharp XV-Z2000 DLP

Powers on solid green on power
Lamp flashes Green

after a few minutes power and lamp go red. Indicating a lamp failure..... Or a lamp circuit failure. I tried new blub same issue, with cover off I note that the lamp seems to ignite for less than a second then "I see Light" then nothing. Visual inspection of PS nothing noticeable

thanks much in advance.

Joe

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
There is probably some special magic you need to do to reset the timer for the lamp.

The lamp may not have actually failed, the firmware just counted (say) 50 hours of use and decided it was time to replace it.

Until the firmware knows the bulb is changed, it won't change its mind about the bulb being old.

Apparently the method to do this is in the user manual under "replacing the lamp"

If you can't find yours, look here. The magic keystrokes are in step 2 at the bottom of page 58. They seem to be ON, Input, Undo, <, Enter, >, then ON again. Your device should display LAMP 0000H on the lower left corner.

jsnider

Jan 23, 2013
okdokie

So as I understand.
The lamp will not light under those conditions?
Firmware prevents lamp from igniting once its past its mark.

I will have to reassemble :eek: and reset

Ill let ya know.

Thank you sir.

jsnider

Jan 23, 2013
reassembled

same deal...

I hear it strobe then light for a sec does this abutr 3 or 4 times over a few minsa
then shuts down.

I have tried doing the reset code don't know if it takes it cause i have no display to verify
counter

Joe