Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Wanted: Sharp over the range microwave caroussel R-1470

Status
Not open for further replies.

[email protected]

Aug 15, 2011
our wanted sharp over the range microwave caroussel R-1470 stop working (it does not heat), I would like either to replace it or fix it. Any help is appreciated. I put something in the microwave, hit the 1 min fast touch and heard a component cracking. Please help

Our microwave does not hear we hear a crack and it stopped heating things. the leds ore ok and the plate turns well. Any idea?

Last edited by a moderator:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
If it's not a very expensive microwave then it is probably cheaper to buy a new one.

Microwave ovens are extremely dangerous to work on and I would not advise that you even consider fixing it yourself.

If you can find someone skilled and qualified to look at it, you could try that. Just beware that the cost of looking and quoting for repair may be a significant fraction of the cost of a new (cheap) one.

[email protected]

Aug 15, 2011
microwave over sharp R-1470

Thanks Steve for answering
the size of today's microwaves look different than the one I do have, they are deeper and wider. I would need to replace it with one with the following dimensions 29 3/4 x 15 x 13.5. Do you know of one with those dimensions

thanks

Marc

sheldonstv

Jul 17, 2007
i repair microwaves for a living(as well as crt ,lcd and plasma tvs )and unless you know exactly what you are doing its not wise to remove the covers....could be a sc asm rectifier and an oc ht fuse or any number of other things...does the mag not cut in at all on a cook cycle??

Status
Not open for further replies.