Connect with us

Sharp MV-D2000 Laserdisc malfunction

Discussion in 'Electronic Repair' started by Bill, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Bill

Bill Guest

I have a Sharp MV-D2000 player that I hadn't used in some time, although it has been
    connected to power. When I tried to use it just recently, it loaded the disc normally, spun up,
    made the little seeking noises, spun down, and then ejected the disc. :( (I did try a number
    of discs.) On just one occasion, just after power on, it did start to play, but the picture was
    torn up badly.

I removed the cover and watched it power up and then loaded a disc. The carriage seems
    to be moving ok, the disc spins up and then attempts to adjust speed, and the laser lens
    advances and retracts (up/down). I dusted the lenses off with a soft brush, although they did not
    appear to be dirty. No change in symptoms.

It will play audio CDs. I cleaned the spindle and the slipping "squeak" at startup, which
    it had always had, went away. But the same symptoms persist. :(

And ideas/suggestions?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Bill Vogel
    highcountryrider.at.bmi.net
    (Seattle)

2. Check the disk. It might be cracked. (Yes, it's possible for one side to be
    cracked and the other side okay.)

3. Bill

Bill Guest

I did try several discs, no change in symptoms. :(

4. c4urs11

c4urs11 Guest

One address: Kurtis Bahr ()

Cheers!

5. Bill

Bill Guest

No smoking here, but I will give that a go (not smoking, cleaning the optics ;) )
    before trying the email.

Thanks for the suggestions. :)

6. Bill

Bill Guest

I got busy with other stuff and had to put this on the back burner for a while.
    Your fix worked. :) I tried three disks and five sides, and they all play! :)

Thanks!

Ask a Question