Connect with us

Sharp Carousel R 1471 Microwave

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by jen110, Jan 19, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. jen110


    Jan 19, 2011
    I have an old Sharp R1471 microwave that just stopped working the other day. The lights, fan, everything stopped. We checked the circuit breaker downstairs and it looks fine? Any ideas?
  2. shrtrnd


    Jan 15, 2010
    Fuse or thermal fuse inside the microwave?
    Take the cover off (WITH UNIT UNPLUGGED), and take a look.
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  3. LTX71CM


    May 23, 2010
    With the additional warning of DO NOT touch anything inside! Microwaves are potentially lethal even with power removed. Since you're here asking for help you likely don't know the dangers of the capacitor within a microwave.
  4. (*steve*)

    (*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

    Jan 21, 2010
    I second that!

    Microwave ovens can be deadly even with the power removed.

    Even if you're touching nothing. Keep your left hand firmly in your pocket at all times when the cover is off. (It's not as silly as it sounds)
  5. shrtrnd


    Jan 15, 2010
    OK. I assumed Jen110 would know how to identify a fuse.
    Nobody here wants to see anybody get hurt over a dead microwave.
    If you're unfamiliar with electronic components, it's best not to try to fix it yourself.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day