Connect with us

servo controler?

Discussion in 'Sensors and Actuators' started by benjh87, Apr 14, 2012.

1. benjh87

benjh87

Apr 14, 2012
    Hi. This is my first thread so please be nice. I am trying to control the temperature of water as it flows through a heater matrix. the heater matrix temperature fluctuates gradually. so to keep the water that flows past the matrix at a steady temperature i wanted to control a water valve so as the water temperature increases the valve opens and as it gets colder it closes.
    i have a rough idea how i want to do this . i want to use a small multi turn servo and as simple circuit as possible to control the servo. can any one point me in the right direction.
    thanks

2. luke.w.pc

luke.w.pc

Apr 3, 2012
    You could either have some kind of micro-controller such as an arduino or picaxe with pulse width modulation servo control using a thermistor or other electrical thermometer or you could
    use a triac, transistor or relay of some sort to turn the heater matrix on and off very fast and probably not very acuratly but keep it kinda constant as making the servo valve might not be as easy but still possible.

Ask a Question