Connect with us

Servo control newbie help

Discussion in 'Sensors and Actuators' started by jascore, Aug 3, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. jascore

jascore

Aug 3, 2011
    Hi there.
    I'm doing a project that requires a servo going from 0 deg to 180 deg to 0 deg only once every X hour.

I considered using a 4060b for the 0-24 hour timer and a 555 to controll the servo movement.

when pin 3 on the 4060b triggers pin 2 on the 555 the servo makes one cycle.

i do have a diagram for the 4060b timer and one for the 555 but i cant seem to make the servo do just one cycle.

i considerd using a pic to do the job but i have no experience in programing it and dont have a diagram

hope you can help me
    thanks

2. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    You could use a one-shot (monostable multivibrator) to make it do only once cycle each time and input goes from low to high.

But I would be interested in knowing how you would make the servo sweep from 0 to 180 and back with a single 555 timer?

Bob

p.s. I would use a PIC. It is trivial if you happen to be familiar with them. If you ever want to learn them, this might be the time!

3. jascore

jascore

Aug 3, 2011
    i found this diagram and as i understand it it will make that sweep.
    my plan was to have another timer based on the 4060 to control a relay that would power on the servo controller but there's to many variables since the servo controller will continue to swipe as long as the controller has power and therefore i figured that the 4060 would have to be timed to sync one swipe. but again I'm new to this so maybe I should just try it with a pic instead and i do know how to program but only c++ i don't know if thac is of any use

http://ece124web.groups.et.byu.net/references/peripherals/Servo - Servo Basics.pdf

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  4. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Ask a Question