Connect with us

Serial port light bulb excel

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by Cduby, May 10, 2019.

1. Cduby

Cduby

May 10, 2019
    Just to start I'm extremely new at this stuff but I'll try to explain it to the best of my ability. I am looking at a way to in excel type in a specific number(correct number) and thru serial port it will turn the bulb on for a specific duration. But if I type in the incorrect number nothing will happen. If someone could tell me how to do the programming and hardware needed that would be great. Please let me know if I'm not phrasing it right please let me know.

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    I assume you are familiar with coding in VBA because that's what you will need to do.
    You will also need the hardware on the receiving end of the serial port to receive a control code from Excel and turn a lamp on or off. An Arduino could be used for example.

I'll move thtis thread to the appropriate forum as it is not related to sensors and actors.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    Martaine2005 likes this.
Ask a Question