Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Serial DAC

jamie1989

Apr 5, 2017
Hi, I need to control a DAC from a microcontroller which will inturn drive an amplifier, i'm going to make the DAC side of the circuit first without the controller and test it with an arduino, just needing to know if the attached circuit looks up to scratch and whether there's anything I could include to increase reliability etc?

Thanks

DAC
http://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/data-sheets/AD5040_5060.pdf

OpAmp
OP295AZ/883

Attachments

• Schematic Prints3.pdf
    5.8 KB · Views: 46

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Do you want to test our diligence? ;)
The conection of R2 to the '+' input of the opamp is wrong. It needs to go to the '-' input, see datasheet figure 51.

Although the datasheet shows +5V used as reference you should be aware that any noise on the 5V supply or any inaccuracy of this supply will have a direct effect on the output signal of the DAC. For precision operation I recommend using a precision reference, e.g. REF02 or any other similar product. Note that this will require an input voltage to the reference in excess of 5V.

jamie1989

Apr 5, 2017
Do you want to test our diligence? ;)
The conection of R2 to the '+' input of the opamp is wrong. It needs to go to the '-' input, see datasheet figure 51.

Ha, you keep on volunteering! Thanks of the help again, always best to get a second opinion especially when mistakes can be made that easy!

Although the datasheet shows +5V used as reference you should be aware that any noise on the 5V supply or any inaccuracy of this supply will have a direct effect on the output signal of the DAC. For precision operation I recommend using a precision reference, e.g. REF02 or any other similar product. Note that this will require an input voltage to the reference in excess of 5V.

Excellent stuff, I'll include it.

Thanks