Connect with us

Separating Composite video signal???

Discussion in 'Electronic Repair' started by SomeBody, May 2, 2006.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. SomeBody

    SomeBody Guest

    I have a small monitor that has separate video signals, video, horz/vert
    sync signals. I am looking to interface a composite video camera to this
    monitors input.

    I have read about a IC chip that will separate the sync signals, the
    LM1881. How would I get the video portion separated from the composite
    signal to feed it the video input circuitry of the monitor?

  2. sofie

    sofie Guest

    Depending on the sophistication of the monitor's input circuitry you can
    sometimes get away with splitting the composite video feed from the camera
    and feeding it into both the video and sync inputs of the monitor..... many
    times the monitor will "find" the sync signals just fine from a composite
    video signal.
  3. Franc Zabkar

    Franc Zabkar Guest

    The LM1881 does not have a horizontal sync output. Intersil's EL1883
    is probably a better choice, although it may be harder to find:,1477,EL1883,00.html (EL1883 datasheet)

    FWIW, Intersil appear to be offering free samples.

    - Franc Zabkar
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day