Connect with us

Sentry Gun Electronics

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by CJR, Oct 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Scroll to continue with content
  1. CJR

CJR

Jan 13, 2013
    Hello,
    I had a question and was wondering if you can answer it. Basically sentry guns are computer controlled gun that fire at any motion the camera detects. It uses a computer to process the video feed and send data to a microcontroller to aim the gun(servos). I was wondering if the computer can be replaced with something else like a mainmotherboard in the sentry gun to make it a single unit instead of attahcments here and there. I know it possibel because a sentry gun by the name of the Mercenary on youtube was up for sale and had a on board motherboard to process the feed and aim/fire the gun. I know a little arduino cant process the feed but can aim the servos. I dont know what they used but was hoping you can answer it for me. The motherboard has to be able to process the video feed, run a tracking program and send data to the microcontroller for the servos and communicate to a conputer when adjustments are needed. In my perfect world outside switches would communicate information to the motherboard as well such as when to start and etc.. Im not educated in electronics yet, still being in highschool, but i know its possible somehow. Any advice or information you can reply with would be fantastic!
    Thanks

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    We don't do guns.

Ask a Question