Connect with us

Sensory Chess Board

Discussion in 'Sensors and Actuators' started by Mephisto, May 5, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Mephisto


    May 5, 2010
    I have two different size electronic chess boards that I would like to swop around. Both are press sensory and have two very thin plastic connecting ribbons coming from the boards to the main electronic components. Although the connecting ribbons are different in size they both have eight connection strips per ribbon visable (Both ribbons are approx 1/2 mm thick). Does anyone know if there is a step down connector that would allow the two different size to be joined together and what is the proper name for the ribbon cables?
    Many thanks
  2. 55pilot


    Feb 23, 2010
    Just because they each have 8 pins does not mean they are compatible. What makes you think that they will work if you overcome to connector size problem?

  3. Mephisto


    May 5, 2010
    Yes that's a good question.
    My only thought was that the two chess computers have the same manufacturer.
  4. (*steve*)

    (*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

    Jan 21, 2010
    You will need to investigate whether they have a similar interface.

    Some indications that they do would be the same interface circuitry. Alternately you could try to determine how one of the panels is connected up and try to determine if the other is connected the same way.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Similar Threads
There are no similar threads yet.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day