Maker Pro
Maker Pro

sensor

savi

Apr 30, 2014
I am going to design dispensing system.. I am using micro controller,stepper motor.
there is 7 cylindrical container to put pill attached with tray which is connect to stepper motor, .manually we load pill to container for monday to sunday and set time for each and every pill... acording to time buzzer will produced sound,,then door will open and patient will take pill.
1.when we put pill in container ,it need one sensor to detect pill then we set time and day.
2. i thought there is hole on tray from where pill will come out. when appropriate time will come for pill .,how stepper motor will run and door will openn.is it need sensorr

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
The easiest option may be to have 8 tubes mounted in a revolving holder, and a face place that has a single hole.

At the appointed time, the stepper motor turns the revolver 45 degrees and the pill(s) roll out.

As long as you are using a stepper motor that can Sileas handle the rotation of the revolver, you should not need a sensor. If you really want one, then perhaps a small vane marking the 8th position on the revolver, so you could step back to this after each day is dispensed. This should allow you to detect if any stepping errors have occurred as you would expect to see this after the same number of steps in both directions.

In order to use this you might decide that it's day n (1 to 7) and step 4 * 45 degrees, then step back the same number of steps. If you're not at the start position then something bad has happened. That something bad might include a capsule stuck in the mechanism (and potentially crushed) You might want a more sophisticated sensor arrangement so you can identify each day position to ensure you get to it and have it fully open.