Connect with us

sensor to detect soccer ball

Discussion in 'Sensors and Actuators' started by jimbond, Feb 23, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. jimbond

jimbond

Feb 23, 2015
    which sensor is more suitable for detecting the entry of a soccer ball crossing a frame?

2. Tha fios agaibh

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
    Depends how large the fame is.
    A photo sensor would work, but if its a long distance a sensor with separate transmitter and receiver would be best.
    If you want to cover a large area like a soccer net, I would use a light curtain sensor.

Arouse1973 likes this.
  3. jimbond

jimbond

Feb 23, 2015
    Hello thanks for the answer, I want to make a 1mx1m frame with sensor to detect a soccer ball crossing it at 100km\h aprox

4. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    a 1m x 1m frame = about 2x the size of the ball approx. .... what are you specifically trying to do ?
    as in .... tell us more about the situation

5. KrisBlueNZ

KrisBlueNZ Sadly passed away in 2015

Nov 28, 2011
    I guess one option would be a two-dimensional grid of beams of some kind of light, probably lasers pointing at photodetectors, with the beams in each axis spaced closer together than the diameter of the ball. You would need some pretty fast acquisition logic and some clever calculations if you wanted to work out any of the dynamic parameters such as position, direction and speed, but just detecting the ball wouldn't be difficult.

6. jimbond

jimbond

Feb 23, 2015
    I am doing The finall proyect of engeniering and i want to make something like borussia dormunt machines, you can see here: :

7. Tha fios agaibh

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
    I didn't understand a word of the video. Lol.
    I would use an emitter and receiver sensor made a company like Omron or Banner. Two small mirrors placed 1/3 and 2/3 the way up the opposite side will allow light path continuity from emitter to receiver.

8. jimbond

jimbond

Feb 23, 2015
    And what about the trigger time and de response time, it must be fast becouse the ball it is.
    I found sensors for house alarms on ebay but i dont thik that it Works due to the above reasons

9. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Say the ball blocks a sensor for 10cm of it's flight path. That is 3.6mS. Plenty of time for a phototransistor to respond.

Bob

Tha fios agaibh likes this.
Ask a Question